Wednesday 26 February 2014

Drag Queen Inspired Makeup

hello there lovelies ! 
long time no see, huh ? I am super busy with college work and all but I want to show you makeup that I created last Thursday. It was very spontaneous and I am super happy with it. I posted the picture on my facebook page and so many people loved it and I got few questions on what products I used and all sorts of things.
It is dragqueen-inspired look. I know that this isn't something you'd normally wear on a daily basis but I always admired drag queens as they put lot of effort into their looks and you can actually learn so many different, usefull makeup applicaion techniques. Also I like playing around with makeup and yes, I love the finished look.
here's the finished look(with an instagram filter)


details of the makeup.
I started of with the eyes, just to avoid any mess with eyeshadow fall outs etc. 
first I've drawn my 'new' crease line using black kohl pencil and then blended it out a bit using black and burgundy eyeshadows. This gave me a sharp edge but that's exactly what I wanted. Then I applied gold pigment onto the moving part of the lid to really make the eyes pop and glittery. 
Once I've done that I used liquid eyeliner to create winged line and then I joined top and bottom lid with the gel liner and blended all out to create smokey effect. 
At the end I applied false lashes from Ardell - Demi Wispies. 

once I've done the eyes, I moved in to the the rest of the face. 
first I used L'oreal true match foundation in W4 to give me tanned and slightly darker base. I applied two layers of the foundation to give me high coverage and flawless finish. 
Then I moved on to highlight the face using L'oreal Lumi Highlighting Concealer in light. I used it to highlight under my eyes, centre of the forehead, my nose, cupid's bow and my chin. I blended all out with my Real Techniques Sponge.
Once I highlighted my skin, it was time for a dramatic contour. For that I used my Sleek Makeup Contour Kit in Medium. I applied it to the hollows of my cheekbones, my temples, around my hairline, my nose (which you can clearly see as it's dramatic and strong, but that's what I wanted) and underneath my jaw line to really sculpt the face. I set my whole face with UD de-slick setting spray

my face was all ready now, so it was time for the lips. I first overdrawn my lips with a plum lip liner from oriflame, then filled my entire lips with it and then I applied L'oreal lipstick in 203 Rock 'N Mauve.
To make the lips look even fuller, I applied a dot of concealer to the centre of the lips. 






I love drag queen makeup, because it's dramatic, fun and absolutely amazing ! 
I will definitely create more drag-inspired looks in the future. 

facebook: 
https://www.facebook.com/makeupbyagie

instagram: 
http://instagram.com/agiex

I promise (once again) to be a better blogger. 
I love all my followers.

love yous,
Aggie x

1 comment: